Thursday, July 4, 2013

Bob Marley

Yesterday I went to another town to help set up a clinic in a different city.  There were tons of people and I was helping with crowd control.  The patients were calling me Bob Marley because of my hair.    Many times they were prescribed cough and cold medicine, also broad-specturm antibiotics were also prescribed fairly commonly.  Since many of the patients didn't have access to dental care, sometimes pulling out the teeth was the most practical form of dental treatment for the patients.  We distributed basic sanitary supplies and clothes to the people who showed up. 

That evening we had a basketball game.  It was a relaxed atmosphere and their team wasn't very good so we let them have two of our players.  I scored my first few buckets of the trip and had a great time out there.  Pastor Banks' son, in jr. high, also got in the game and scored a few buckets.  Once again, we got mobbed after the game and were taking pictures and signing autographs/ bible verses.  We also distributed small packets with John 3:16 written out and information regarding living a life as a Christian.  

I will be uploading videos later, whenever I have access to wifi again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment